UPDATED: July 1, 2020
HCRA Pool has Opened in Compliance with Guidelines
To Our Members
HCRA is pleased to report that our initial soft opening this week has been a success. We want to thank everyone who has been following our new procedures and honoring our new rules. We have had many people submit their forms and access our reservation system to come to the pool this week and enjoy a cool and refreshing swim.
Because of this initial success, starting on July 3rd we will be increasing the number of patrons permitted in a swim-hour session from 15 people to 25 people.
If you have already submitted your paperwork, tomorrow you should receive a new invitation to the next week's block of reservations. If you have not yet submitted your paperwork, please sign and return to Board@HCRAFairfax.org the following forms for each member of your family unit.
Once you have submitted the Release Forms, you will receive an email invitation link to the reservation system. Also, please make sure that your family is in CellBadge with all valid information and pictures (click here to access CellBadge).
Please remember that HCRA has implemented some NEW Supplemental Pool Rules for this year, including:
- Pool patrons will have to sign a Pool User Acknowledgment form upon entry to the pool house. You may pre-print your form at home and bring it with you to help HCRA save copy costs
- NO walk-ins are allowed
- Reconfiguring pool deck layouts to allow effective social distancing marked by locations of the umbrellas and on the pool deck
- NO pool furniture will be on deck - please bring your own folding chairs and towels.
- NO Baby Pool, Basketball Net, and Ping-Pong Table
- Daily cleaning, sanitization and disinfection of the bathrooms and entry area
- Masks to be worn by lifeguards and members when entering and exiting the pool deck area and where social distancing is not possible (i.e. bathrooms and check-in desk area)
- NO guest pass privileges for the 2020 Pool Season.
In order to comply with the restriction during the phased re-opening, the pool season and the pool hours have been reduced. The 2020 pool season will run from June 29 through August 23. As Virginia has moved into phase 3, free swimming in the pool will be permitted so long as patrons honor the social distance guidelines in and out of the water between their family unit and other pool patrons.
HCRA is currently operating under a reduced and amended swim schedule for the first two weeks from 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm, daily (Monday to Sunday). After the initial two weeks, if the new processes and procedures are working well, the Board will reconsider expanding the pool hours and swim sessions thereafter. The current schedule is as follows:
|Start Time||End Time||Activities|
|12:00 pm||1:00 pm||Swimming|
|1:00 pm||1:30 pm||Closing Break/Cleaning|
|1:30 pm||2:30 pm||Swimming|
|2:30 pm||3:00 pm||Closing Break/Cleaning|
|3:00 pm||4:00 pm||Swimming|
|4:00 pm||4:30 pm||Closing Break/Cleaning|
|4:30 pm||5:30 pm||Swimming|
|5:30 pm||6:00 pm||Closing Break/Cleaning|
|6:00 pm||7:00 pm||Swimming|
Happy 4th of July
Stay safe and be healthy
HCRA Board of Directors